Year 1 and 2: Greys 2023 - 2024
We are a class of 25 Year 1s and 2s with our teacher Mrs White and Mrs Tully (maternity cover)
Mrs Fowler supports us (Mon-Weds all day) and Mrs Cleall supports us (Thurs mornings).
This term will be on Mondays and Fridays (normal PE school uniform needed for both).
- Please complete the 'A Day' task on Doodle maths - little and often is the key to supporting fluency.
- Reading (with an adult or by an adult) please record this in your child's reading record daily.
- Reading books are changed either on Tuesdays (Big Cat Phonics books to match our new sounds covered in phonics) (Y1s and some Y2s) or on Thursdays (Y2s).
- Reading books can be changed again if the Big Cat Book has been read enough times at home. I would expect the secondary book to appear 'easier'. Your child should be able to read it with fluency to rehearse previously learned sounds.
Keep up to date with what we are doing each term through our weekly blog published every Friday.
- For information regarding life in Greys - please see the Powerpoint slides attached to the bottom of the page.
- The Curriculum Map for 2023-25 is available below.
- The Y2 spelling overview link is at the bottom of the page.
- In KS1, the children are taught lead ins and lead outs to support their journey towards cursive writing. This book matches how we teach the letters in class.
- More Information for parents regarding Greys' Curriculum can be found here.
Things to Remember
- Please also ensure that children have water bottles and their reading books in school daily.
- We have a welly rack outside our corridor for the winter months when the Common can get very muddy.
If you have any concerns regarding your child's safety, please speak to a member of staff or Mr Steele (Designated Safeguarding Lead).
Files to Download
Year 1 and 2: Greys: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1 and 2: Greys: Blog items
Year 1 and 2: Greys: Events items
There are no Events items to display