Year 3 and 4: Highmoor 2023 - 2024
We are a class of Year 3s and 4s with our teachers Mrs Claridge (Mon-Weds) and Mrs Griffith (Thurs-Fri)
Mrs Deacon teaches us on Monday afternoons.
Mrs Hall supports us (Mon-Weds) and Mrs Clinkard supports us (Thurs-Fri).
This term will be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Please complete the 'A Day' task on Doodle maths - little and often is the key to supporting fluency.
- Reading (with an adult or by an adult) please record this in your child's reading record daily. Books can be changed in the classroom when the children arrive at school in the morning
- Times tables are looked at regularly in school. They are tested weekly on Monday and Tuesday. Children are told which table to focus on and this, along with all tables previously learned, should be practised daily at home. By the end of year 3 children are expected to know their 2, 10, 5, 3, 4 and 8 times table, both multiplication and division facts. By the end of year 4 they should know their 2 - 12 times table.
Keep up to date with what we are doing each term through our weekly blog published every Friday.
- For information regarding life in Highmoor - please see the Powerpoint slides attached to the bottom of the page.
- The Curriculum Map for 2023-25 is available below.
- The spelling overview links are at the bottom of the page.
- More Information for parents regarding Highmoor's Curriculum can be found here.
Things to Remember
- Please also ensure that children have water bottles and their reading books in school daily.
- We have a welly rack outside our door near the kitchen for the winter months when the Common can get very muddy.
If you have any concerns regarding your child's safety, please speak to a member of staff or Mr Steele (Designated Safeguarding Lead).
Files to Download
Year 3 and 4: Highmoor: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 and 4: Highmoor: Blog items
Year 3 and 4: Highmoor: Events items
There are no Events items to display